Author Topic: Girl, 16, hides under pile of bloody bodies and pretends to be dead after ....  (Read 1027 times)

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/girl-16-hides-under-pile-22977070?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=MirrorNews7&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter&ccid=2369561

Girl, 16, hides under pile of bloody bodies and pretends to be dead after party massacre

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES Maria Kosintseva survived as the killer stalked the flat with his gun. While hiding, she managed to send messages on social media begging for help

By Will Stewart

17:18, 8 NOV 2020

A teenager hid in a pool of blood under corpses pretending to be dead after a massacre at a party, Russian police said.  Maria Kosintseva, 16, survived uninjured as the killer stalked the flat with his gun.  The suspect, a computer game fanatic, went on the rampage at a party he hosted, shooting dead three guests and critically wounding another.  Dmitry Zakharov, 34, killed himself before police arrived at the property after the horror killings.  Polina Bardina, 18, died from a head wound and her friend Viktoria Paustovskaya, 17, suffered abdominal gunshot wounds.  His "close friends" barman Oleg Bregnev, 36, and estate agent Anton Anisimov, 32, were killed in the slaughter in the city of Yekaterinburg, east of the Ural Mountains.  The girl who survived after hiding under the corpses, together with another girl named Viktoria, managed to send harrowing social media messages from the bloodbath pleading for help.  But they lay at the murder scene for four hours before police arrived to rescue them.  The pair said they feared all the time that Zakharov would realise they were alive.  Maria said: "I pretended to be dead and was afraid to get out from under the bodies."

Losing blood, Viktoria crawled from the kitchen to the toilet and hid there.  The girls, who were friends, had been invited to join three men on a social media ‘party group’, and agreed because they were “bored of hanging out with boys of our own age”, said Maria.

They were not sexually harassed by the men who told them they were “best friends”, she said.  But suddenly security guard Zakharov got his Saiga hunting rifle, shouted "Let’s play" and "started shooting".

“He shot at me, but Anton fell down and covered me,” she said.  “Then he went to the kitchen, and I heard two shots, hitting Viktoria and Oleg.”

Lying in a pool of Anton and Polina’s blood and under their corpses, Maria found Anton’s mobile and used it to sign into her VK social media account a Russian online social media and social networking service.  She said: “I told my friends to call the police and ambulance. Viktoria did the same, that is how I knew she was alive…but I didn’t dare try and reach her to help."

Viktoria managed to record a distressing voice message in a hushed tone giving the address of the apartment.  "I'm losing consciousness. I know only that I'm alive,” she said.

“I'm, it looks like I'm already dying.  I'm lying here I feel that I'm losing [consciousness].”

She told her friends to warn rescuers that the man was armed and dangerous.  "I'm fainting. It's painful, terrible pain when I move.  I fear he will enter and see me alive. He will shoot me. Please, break down the door."

Her appalling wound was shown in a picture from Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.  Maria said there had been “no hint of threats” before Zakharov stopped playing a computer game, and started shooting.  He killed himself before police broke into the flat.  A criminal case for mass murder has been opened by the Russian Investigative Committee who confirmed that Zakharov’s body was found at the scene.  Police spokesman Colonel Valery Gorelykh said Viktoria “has undergone surgery and is in a serious condition.”

“The young women were hanging out in the area of Raduga Park shopping mall on the fateful night,” he said.

"They met the men via the Internet.  They picked them up in a car, after which the group left for Dmitry’s flat.”

Zakharov was described as a divorced father of one.