Author Topic: Kate Middleton 'saved' Prince William and 'spends whole life making him happy'  (Read 918 times)

RDsmum

• View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-saved-prince-william-23488108?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=royal_family_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Kate Middleton 'saved' Prince William and 'spends whole life making him happy'

Prince William married Kate Middleton in April 2011 and became a key part of the royal family, but she's also been a huge support to her husband in terms of family life

By Zoe Forsey Lifestyle Editor

13:07, 12 FEB 2021Updated13:50, 12 FEB 2021

The Duchess of Cambridge "saved" Prince William after his "dysfunctional" upbringing and has now dedicated her life to making him happy, a royal expert has claimed.  Kate met her future husband at university and they were good friends before romance blossomed, and she is said to have been a huge support when he stepped into royal life.  Speaking on True Royalty TV 's Royal Beat, Angela Levin, author of Harry: Biography of a Prince, explains that William was going through a difficult time when he met Kate.  She explains: "I think that Kate has helped save William. I think it was very difficult for him coming out of a dysfunctional family, losing his mum so young and I think he was in a very difficult place."

The pair met for the first time in 2001 at St Andrew's University, where they enrolled on the same course and lived in the same halls.  And it wasn't long before the attractive and bubbly brunette beauty caught Wills' eye.  Royal author Tom Quinn has previously recalled: "One of the funny stories is he was so desperate to meet her that as he walked towards her, he apparently tripped and said, 'Oh that's a terrible start, you're going to think I'm a complete clot."

Luckily, Kate laughed off his clumsiness and the pair quickly became firm friends, walking to and from classes together and forming a strong bond that would soon turn to romance.  However it was Kate's now legendary appearance in a charity fashion show in March 2002 that kicked off their romance.  William reportedly paid £220 for a front row ticket for the catwalk event - and just as well, because 19-year-old Kate came sashaying down the runway wearing nothing but a sheer stocking dress over black underwear.  As she strutted her way past the prince, William is said to have turned to his friend Fergus Boyd and whispered: "Wow, Fergus, Kate's hot!"

But Kate's cool head prevailed - and she let her prince do all the chasing.  Royal reporter Simon Vigar said: "When they were at university at St Andrews, I have it on good authority that one of the few girls not chasing William or trying to catch his eye was Catherine.  If that's true, she played an absolute blinder. He was definitely the target of lots of Sloaney girls there at university, but it wasn't until the infamous fashion show that William noticed Catherine."