Author Topic: Man who conned mothers going through Britain’s family courts set to stand trial  (Read 533 times)

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
https://researchingreform.net/2022/11/15/man-who-conned-mothers-going-through-britains-family-courts-set-to-stand-trial-in-2023-witness-appeal/

Man who conned mothers going through Britain’s family courts set to stand trial in 2023, witness appeal

15 Tuesday Nov 2022

Posted by Natasha in Researching Reform   

A man claiming to be a trainee barrister who conned mothers into parting with thousands of pounds for legal advice will go on trial next year.  Tyrone Raymond William Wright was previously jailed for 6 months in 2020 for pretending to be a barrister while advising a mother who was trying to regain custody of her children. The mother gave Wright £1,400 to represent her at the hearing.  The case was thrown out and the mother’s application was dismissed as a result of Wright’s conduct. The children were then forcibly adopted.  An investigation by the police found that Wright had no legal qualifications.  A number of parents going through the family courts have since come forward to make complaints to the police about Wright’s conduct. The complaints have resulted in a second trial set to take place in March.  A police letter to a witness sent in April and seen by Researching Reform confirmed the trial would begin on 6th March, 2023 at Lincoln Crown Court. The start time for the trial has not yet been confirmed, but is expected to run for eight days.  The witness, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told Researching Reform, “I met Tyrone Wright when I met with members of Parents Against Injustice (PAIN) a couple of years ago. He did actually give me invaluable advice at that time in suggesting that I started complaints or claims against social services by making a Subject Access Request.”

“The social worker’s own case notes were all I needed to prove that there was no basis in fact whatsoever for most of her ‘evidence’ it was truly shocking. I later requested Tyrone’s help to take social services to court after all my complaints regarding the numerous serious untruths in the social work reports written about me were upheld. He charged me £1,000 and certainly did help me to get my case in order. However, when after some time I hadn’t heard from him I searched and found this article,” they said.

If you think you may have been a victim of Wright’s conduct, you can contact DC 1080 Thomas Lassmans at Thomas.lassmans@lincs.pnn.police.uk.  Many thanks to the brave witness who came forward to share this case with us.