Author Topic: 'Rudderless' Prince Harry 'misses having a structure to his life' because ....  (Read 1101 times)

Forgotten Mother

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8314855/Rudderless-Prince-Harry-missing-having-structure-life.html

'Rudderless' Prince Harry 'misses having a structure to his life' because he 'doesn't have friends' or a job in LA, a source tells Vanity Fair but he is 'back in touch' with brother Prince William

Prince Harry, 35, feels 'rudderless' and 'misses having a structure to his life'
    Source told Vanity Fair the Duke of Sussex 'doesn't have friends in LA' or a job
    Has been 'very busy' keeping in touch with friends and colleagues at home in the UK

By Harriet Johnston For Mailonline

Published: 10:35, 13 May 2020 | Updated: 13:36, 13 May 2020

Prince Harry feels 'rudderless' and is 'missing having a structure to his life', a source has revealed to Vanity Fair.  The Duke of Sussex, 35, was stripped of his military appointments when he and Meghan Markle, 38, stepped back as senior royals, and has been living in an $18million mansion in Los Angeles since March.  According to the source, the Duke has been 'very busy keeping in touch with friends and colleagues' in the UK with video calls, but feels 'a bit rudderless' without a job or friends in Los Angeles.  And speaking on Entertainment Tonight, Katie Nicholl claimed Prince Harry and Prince William are 'back in touch' and have been chatting on the phone leading to a 'sense of relief' from the Sussexes and the Cambridges.  She said: 'They have done video calls together, they have done a lot of family birthdays and I think with Prince Charles not being well, that really forced the brothers to pick up the phone and get back in touch.'

She added: 'I think Kate and William miss Harry and Meghan to a degree, but certainly they miss Harry [being] around and part of their lives.'

However, a source told Vanity Fair's Katie Nicholl that Prince Harry was particularly missing friends in the military community in the UK, revealing: 'This is a very strange time for us all, but I think Harry is missing having a structure to his life right now. He doesn't have friends in L.A. like Meghan and he doesn't have a job.'

The source revealed how Prince Harry has been incredibly busy during the lockdown period having conference calls, with much of his time dedicated to keeping in touch with friends and colleagues.  The Duke is also 'keeping up regular communication' with the organisations and patronages which he works at in the UK, according to the source.  They went on to explain that  Prince Harry 'misses' his friends within the military community at home, adding: 'At the moment he's a bit rudderless, but it won't always be like this, and he knows that.'

The comments come after sources claimed Prince Harry feels he would have been 'better protected' from the turmoil he has faced in recent months if he was still in the Army.  The Duke reportedly told friends he 'cannot believe' how his life has been 'turned upside down'.

'Harry has told friends he is really missing the Army as well his military appointments,' a source told The Daily Telegraph. 'He misses the camaraderie of being in the forces.  'He has been telling friends he still can't believe this has happened. He can't believe his life has been turned upside down.  Harry affectionately known as Captain Wales in the forces retains the rank of major and has insisted he would 'continue his unwavering support to the military community in a non-official capacity'.

Prince Harry had to give up military roles including Captain-General of the Royal Marines and Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington.  While the couple is working on their new not-for-profit organization Archewell, Harry will continue to oversee the Invictus Games, the sporting event he founded for wounded injured or sick servicemen and women.  Kensington Palace announced in March 2015 that Harry was to quit the Army after two tours of Afghanistan during a ten-year career. The prince said in a statement at the time that he was looking forward to a 'new chapter', adding he was at a 'crossroads', and leaving had been a 'really tough decision'.

He had previously described military life as 'normal as it's going to get' and said: 'I'm one of the guys. I don't get treated any differently.'

His decision to quit followed the launch of the Invictus Games in 2014, which gives sick and wounded military personnel the chance to compete in a Paralympics-style event.  On his decade of service, Harry said: 'From learning the hard way to stay onside with my colour sergeant at Sandhurst, to the incredible people I served with during two tours in Afghanistan, the experiences I have had over the last ten years will stay with me for the rest of my life. For that, I will always be hugely grateful.'